I am looking for some guidelines regarding the use of
NET::OAI::Harvester.

Specifically, I'm hoping someone would outline one or two different
techniques for using the NET::OAI::Harvester Perl modules to harvest
and store OAI metadata other than oai_dc. Suppose the data provider
supports MARCXML, or MODS. How can I iterate through a repository and
then either: 1) save the MARCXML or MODS data to my file system, or
2) parse the MARCXML or MODS and do some processing on it within my
application.

Put another way, if I want to use repository using
NET::OAI::Harvester to read repository data in a form other than DC
will I need to write an additional module such as
NET::OAI::Record::MARCXML?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame