On Monday, January 28, 2008 10:31 AM, Bess Sadler wrote:
>Blacklight, an open source OPAC using ruby on rails and solr, has now been
released under an Apache 2.0 license.
>The code4lib community has been very supportive of this project, so thank
you! I hope that some of you who have expressed interest in the past will
consider joining us as developers, testers, documenters, or just by making
suggestions for how to improve.<

I like that you display the entire MARC record as part of the main display
once the user has selected the record.

Are there plans to add the ability to browse alphabetically, at least by
author, title, subject, if not also series/uniform title, call number, and
others?

If I know the name of an author, for example, Shakespeare, William,
1849-1931 (NAR no 92032318 ) and want to find works either by or about him
(and/or want to choose only one of those options), will it be possible to do
so? Without retrieving records for Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 that are
not related to the former?

On the brief display, why do you display only "Author:  Shakespeare,
william," (only $a) rather than "Author:  Shakespeare, william, 1564-1616"
or "Author:  Shakespeare, william, 1849-1931" (the entire field, or perhaps
all but $e and $4)? Why display "Wagner, alice m.," rather than "Wagner,
Alice M.,"?

Are there plans to allow controlled headings to be clicked to conduct a
search? For example, if I happen upon a record

When searching in the Music tab, there are subject/genre/geographic options
that don't appear to be available on the Entire Catalog tab.

On the results, will it be possible to sort the results in various ways?

Thank you,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.