On Jan 23, 2008 6:34 PM, Doran, Michael D <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm wondering if we'll soon reach the point where the perl4lib list is not worth subscribing to.  I'm not looking for any definitive answer here... I guess I'm just a little sad to see an old favorite lose its relevance.  :-/

Don't be sad :-) The code4lib list came into existence because a bunch
of people on the perl4lib list (and elsewhere) realized tat talking
about libraries and programming only in the scope of perl was too
limiting...and the proliferation of *4lib discussions was an
anti-pattern of sorts.

I think in hindsight this was the right decision to make, considering
the conference and everything.

//Ed