We have gone live with the Umlaut software here at my place of work.
I've been mentioned working on this and how it may help solve problems
brought up here for a while, so many may be curious. Umlaut essentially
functions as a 'front end' to the SFX link resolver, providing
flexibility, value-added services, and a layer for cutomizing user
interfaces that should be stable through SFX releases, so far as the SFX
API continues to be backwards compatible.

If you're curious, you can find a brief introduction to the Umlaut as
we've deployed it, and pointers to more information in my blog post here:
http://bibwild.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/re-introducing-the-umlaut/

I am definitely interested in more 'development partners'.  At this
point, I wouldn't call the Umlaut completely stable or problem-free
software, nor software that will work for you out of the box without
putting some effort into it. But if I can get a few interested parties
who are interested in putting effort into it, I'm willing and eager to
work with them. If we can get to the point where three or five
institutions willing to put some effort into it are running it
succesfullly, at THAT point it'll probably be ready for another wave of
adopters with less technical expertise or resources. But if you're
interested, please feel free to contact me.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer