Hi Eric,

> I suppose I am guilty party here...

It wasn't in any way my intention to point an accusatory finger at anybody!

> ...and I posted to code4lib because it seems to be a
> more vibrant community.

Oh, without a doubt, that is the case.

> Moreover, people who do not program in Perl may have additional
> observations to bear.

Also quite true.

I imagine that there's significant overlap in subscribers for the two lists, and I don't think any of us want people to start cross-posting every perl question to both lists.  But if people are choosing to post perl stuff just to code4lib (and I can't argue with the reasons above), I'm wondering if we'll soon reach the point where the perl4lib list is not worth subscribing to.  I'm not looking for any definitive answer here... I guess I'm just a little sad to see an old favorite lose its relevance.  :-/

-- Michael

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office