CODE4LIB Subscribers-

JA-SIG would like to invite you to our spring conference at the end of
April.  As you can see below, a variety of community source groups will be
represented at the conference, and it looks like CODE4LIB content would be a
good fit with our group and the interests of the prospective attendees.

We would like to invite you to propose presentations and to attend the
conference.  I'll follow up with an announcement when registration opens in
a couple of days.  If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to
email me.

-Jonathan Markow
JA-SIG Executive Director

*Higher Education Solutions:  The Community Source Way!*

 April 28 – 30, 2008
St. Paul, MN, USA

Featuring…

*CAS*, *DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal …and more!**
*

*Call for Proposals now open*
Deadline for submission of proposals: February 22, 2008

Conference site:
*http//www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html<http://ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html>
*

Dear Colleague:

The JA-SIG Spring 2008 Conference will be held at the end of April this
year. We have extended invitations to our many colleagues in higher
education community source to share in the event, and we're excited to
present a first-time, jointly planned conference.

Whatever your project affiliation, become an active part of this conference
by submitting proposals for presentations, BOF (Birds Of a Feather)
sessions, and Poster Sessions using the link at the bottom of this message.
Topics that span projects are particularly welcome!

We welcome your contributions in the following areas:

   - *Community Source Management/Governance:  *What are best practices
   for managing community source projects or their deployments on campus? For
   encouraging adoption? For gaining acceptance and campus buy-in? For engaging
   your community in the processes? Presentations for managers, team leaders,
   executives, planners and strategists.
   - *Design and Development:  *For developers, architects, UX designers,
   testers. Presentations for people who build community source products, use
   them as a development framework or want to learn more about doing so. These
   are technical topics, tips and techniques, how-to's.
   - *Deployment and Integration:  *Presentations for people who need to
   make applications work on campus: developers, content providers, team
   leaders, evangelists. In particular, we would like to highlight work that
   integrates community source projects within the enterprise infrastructure
   and with each other.
   - *Multiple Audiences:  *Presentations that span multiple projects or
   audience types. Community source project introductions and overviews.

Half-day Supplementary Seminars (already selected) will be held in the
morning and afternoon on Sunday, April 27th as well as on Wednesday (April
30th) afternoon, presented by representatives from each of our partnering
organizations. [See
Details<http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/seminars.html>].
 A barCamp and UCamp will be held on Wednesday afternoon in the style of our
recent "Unconference" –a great informal opportunity to network and meet the
experts.

Proposals may be entered on the JA-SIG Conference Website. Proposals require
a Title, an Abstract (under 500 words), a Presenter Profile, and some basic
affiliation information.

Submit your proposal directly by clicking here  *http://tinyurl.com/2voabt *or
from the conference home page, where you can find all the details: *
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/08spring/index.html*

Registration Information will be coming soon. Check back later for more
information.

Join your colleagues in St. Paul this April.  This will be an unprecedented
opportunity to meet and learn from each other. See you at "Higher Education
Solutions:  The Community Source Way"!