On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:43:04 +0000, Chris Awre <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>FYI...  This conference is an broad collection of academic software
>initiatives that may be of interest to library software folk, plus a good
>chance to exchange ideas/experiences.

Hello Chris,

Since I am on the planning committee for this conference I can announce the
latest news about the conference.

Our Keynote speakers have been selected and confirmed and I think they will
be of interest to this community.

Ira H. Fuchs, Vice President for Research in Information Technology at the
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will be presenting:
Moving Community Source to the Mainstream: Overcoming the Obstacles to
Adoption.

Our second Keynote address will be from Kaye Howe, Executive Director of the
National Science Digital Library.  She was only confirmed yesterday so I
don't know what her topic will be.

As the theme for this conference is Higher Education Solutions: The
Community Source Way, I suspect much of the content at the conference will
be quite relevant to this audience.