I haven't used Castor for mixed content, but obviously, mixed content
is more difficult to map to Java types, even if you have a schema. I
probably wouldn't use Castor in those situations. Otherwise, it - or a
tool like it that can map schemata to Java types for automatic
parsing, generation, and validation - should still be your first
choice.

 - Godmar