Actually, the max occurrence of ALL of the KEV keys is 1 except for "au"
(which is unlimited). I remember discussions in which we acknowledged
that one key NE one value, eg you could input multiple values if your
recipients were in agreements (a poor excuse, I know). Thus:
"isbn:3333;isbn:8888". My only memory for why max=1 for all of these is
that it has to do with the fact that there is no structure or dependency
in KEV, so an OpenURL with keys
     &rft.au=nnn&rft.title=ttt&rft.au=pppp&rft.title=rrrr
isn't interpretable in terms of what authors go with what titles. Why
the exception for au but for no other fields? My memory fails me here.
Undoubtedly it made sense at the time.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net