I see that there aren't links from the keynoter talks, so here's what I
sent to Jeremy for my talk on Wednesday a.m.

Title: R&D: Can Resource Description become Rigorous Data?

Work is beginning to transform the eloquent yet arcane texts called
"library cataloging records" into data elements that will play well in
the Web. Beginning with the upcoming revised cataloging rules, called
Resource Description and Access, a team of researchers is exploring the
abstract model behind bibliographic description. Coyle will cover the
philosophy behind the project and will discuss current progress and
goals, as well as fears, risks, and even some confusion.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net