Alaska Airlines also has some good fares, and frequent flights into Portland
out of SFO.

Hwy 101 through California and Oregon is gorgeous, but really slow going.

I love trains, and the trains that only travel within Oregon and Washington
state are much nicer and faster and all around more pleasant... But the
Coast Starlight (the train out of SF) is really a nightmare, timewise. It's
such a shame. vj

--
aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada
http://www.altportland.com