On Feb 26, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Chris Freeland wrote:

> The biggest problem we found with the OAI implementation had to do
> with
> pulling incremental updates.  If you ask for a date range like Dec
> 1 - 5
> you get all of Dec.  When we discussed this with IA we were shown the
> query interface and just decided to use that instead since we're doing
> mostly incremental updates.

Incidentally, I was asked a few months ago about incorporating Open
Library and/or Internet Archive material into a service I (barely)
maintain called Ockham Alert. I told them I would be happy to do so,
but since Ockham Alert relies on OAI date ranges, and their date
ranges did not work, I was unable to oblige them. I suppose the date
issue with their OAI implementation is a known issue.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame

(574) 631-8604