I agree; issn is not an identifier for an article. But in general, a
resolver should be smart enough to know what serial is meant even if a
variant issn is supplied.

I do not agree that it would be helpful for generators to send
multiple issn's. They currently can send issn and eissn; if the
resolvers knowledgebase is good, then sending it multiple issns will
never help and will often degrade its performance. I think its sucky
to craft OpenURL metadata that caters to substandard resolvers.