From: "Davies, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 12, 2008 6:44:26 AM EST
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LIFE2 Project Conference - 23 June

Apologies for cross-posting.

Dear All,

The LIFE2 Project, which is examining the lifecycle costs for digital collections, will be holding a project conference at the British Library on 23 June 2008.

The conference will cover the results from the project’s case studies which examined the lifecycle costs for:

    • Digital repositories
    • Primary data
    • Digitised newspapers

Other topics will include mapping digital and analogue lifecycles, as well as an updated LIFE costing model and how to go about using the LIFE model in your own institutions.

The conference will be of interest to the digital preservation community and repository managers, as well as anyone with an interest in the costs associated with digital collections.

We will send out further details of the programme closer to the conference date, however if you are interested in attending please e-mail [log in to unmask] and we will keep you informed of the programme details. There is no charge for conference attendance.

Further information on the project is available from the website www.life.ac.uk.

Many thanks,

Richard

___________________