Excellent comment, Tim!  My experience at UT Austin has been the same --
it is quite amazing what can be accomplished my a small group of people
willing to think outside of traditional/current models, be they
business, administrative, or even technical infrastructure models.  By
refusing (or even being hesitant) to look beyond those models is simply
missed opportunity.

--peter keane