Hi Eric,

Given the likely need to map back from an alternate name (string search in
the definition?) to the auth name (maybe the most common use for such a
service?), I think this route might be on the inefficient side.

I've been wondering about names as handles, with a crossref-like middleman
piece.  But not doing anything about such ideas.

-t