On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Ed Summers wrote:

> FWIW, I agree with Karen and Alexander. The whole point (to my
> recollection) of creating code4lib in the first place was to create a
> venue where any aspect of computer programming in libraries could be
> discussed. To my mind, this includes licensing, and business models,
> and whether you like K&R style.

I _cannot_stand_ K&R style -- it's for people who count 'lines of code'
using 'wc -l'.  I much prefer KNF.

I now open up the vi vs. emacs discussion:

        http://xkcd.com/378/

(personally, I'm a BBEdit user, but fall back to vi as needed ... and ex
for those rare times when you have to tip into a Solaris box to fix the
vfstab and your TERM is completely hosed)

-Joe