xiaoming,

This is cool. just a couple of thoughts.

> If a user is interested in "The Golden Fleece and the Heroes Who Lived
> Before Achilles" with ISBN:0689868847, and he can limit the search to "OCA"
> by issuing xISBN request with "library=oca", such as:
>
> http://xisbn.worldcat.org/webservices/xid/isbn/0689868847?library=oca&fl=*
>
> This query limits search scope to OCA, and the result returns an ISBN match
> with its URL link to: http://www.archive.org/details/goldenfleecehero00colu

I think many libraries, both those currently involved in OCA and those
outside the project, would be happy to see something like this made
available. I have to admit it seems odd to me to include so much
attribute information in a single <isbn> element, but I suppose that
would be helpful in identifying what specific manifestation is being
referred to in the URL?

> Similarly, a user can request same ISBN with the library limiting to
> "ebook", such as:
> http://xisbn.worldcat.org/webservices/xid/isbn/0689868847?library=ebook&fl=*
>
> It returns both OCA match and a Netlibrary Audio book match.

In this scenario, is there a way to indicate free vs. licensed somewhere
in the <isbn> entry? I'm assuming that the Netlibrary audio book is
*not* free. We have very few mechanisms to do that within MARC records;
it would be great to think about that here as most libraries will be
interested in *free* links to digitized content available from anywhere
(google book search, oca, etc.).

Also, have you considered the response for multiple digitized sources
for the same ISBN?

-emily

--
Emily Lynema