> ....  I want to be able to pull all the
>  records that have oclc numbers, issns, isbns, etc.  I want it to be
>  lightweight, fast, searchable.
>
>  Would anyone else want/use such a thing?...

I like the idea, but in the long term, I just don't know how useful
this will be. By and large, these identifiers are designed for dead
tree resources. Although they are sometimes assigned to electronic
resources,  I find it hard to believe that the containers these
identifiers are associated with will contain more than a tiny
proportion of the information users want/need. The book structure just
doesn't make nearly as much sense in an online environment.

>  My basic notion is to crawl the site (starting with "americana", the American
>  Libraries.  Pull the oca unique identifier (e.g. northcarolinayea1910rale) and
>  associate it with
>
>  unique identifiers (oclc numbers, issns, isbns, lc numbers)
>  contributing institution's alias and unique catalog identifier
>  upload date
>
>  That's all I was thinking of.  Then there's what you might be able to do with
>  it:
>
>         Give me all the oca unique identifiers that have oclc numbers
>         Give me all the oca unique identifiers with isbns that were
>                 uploaded between x and y date
>         Give me the oca unique identifier for this oclc number

Not sure I understand the use case (i.e. the value of retrieving
another identifier).

One thing to keep in mind is that although the numbering schemes are
independent, they can be thought of as hierarchical. Anything that has
an lccn number should already have an isbn because of the standards lc
catalogs to. And they put their holdings in OCLC, so all numbers that
have an oclc number should contain these other identifiers. Items with
oclc numbers that were not cataloged by lc should also have isbns.
When such conditions are not met, it is a sign of a record containing
unreliable information.

kyle
Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager