I've seen some OPACs with a "you are about to be logged out" popup.
The LC does this.

I'd think it would be easy to write a JS that simply refreshes the
page, reinvigorating the session.

All of this is idiotic and childish, of course. The only non-library
website I visit now that times out at all is my bank, and it waits
longer than my library does.

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding