Dear all,

We are looking for a developer to join our project at the Center for
Astrophysics in Cambridge, MA.  I think some of the people on the list
may be interested.  All interested candidates should follow the
directions given at the end of the job posting below.

Thanks,
-- Alberto

Description

The employee will develop digital library software and web user
interfaces to support the Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System
(ADS) services. The ADS is a 15 -year-old project that has
revolutionized access to astronomical literature. The successful
candidate will join a dynamic team to help enhance and solidify the
project's role as THE digital library portal for astronomers and
astrophysicists. The employee will participate in the development,
maintenance and upgrading of the ADS infrastructure and help plan,
specify, and build the technologies needed to support the project's goal
of ubiquitous access to the astronomical literature and related datasets.

Responsibilities will include software design, development and testing,
and user documentation. The primary responsibility is the development
and support of the system software used by its search engine, user
databases, and notification services. This includes the implementation
and deployment of a new web content management system, metadata and
full-text search technologies, tools for personalization, and novel
interfaces for visualizing information resources and datasets. Software
development will take place in a UNIX environment. To view the complete
vacancy announcement for this position and requirements for higher
salary levels, go to http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/hr/postings/28-21.html

--
Dr. Alberto Accomazzi                  aaccomazzi(at)cfa harvard edu
Project Manager