I'm guessing that the newer community is going to be less focused on coding
and systems (which seems to be the primary focus of oss4lib), and more
focused on the (practical) use of open source software in libraries. I'm
also guessing that the newer community will have a wider intended audience
than systems librarians and coders/programmers. I would hope that it would
be a community that feels more welcoming to the librarians who usually hand
off anything related to technology to "the people who are supposed to handle
those kinds of things for us."