I love and use oss4lib but it doesn't by any means provide some things I'd
like when it comes to open source software in libraries. I hope that this
new effort can collaborate with the oss4lib folks and build new things and
meet needs that perhaps oss4lib hasn't met yet. I'd also encourage these
folks to try to collaborate with the efforts that revolve around specific
open source applications for libraries. I know there is a Joomla for
Libraries site and someone mentioned to me that a Drupal for libraries
list/website might exist.

Seems like trying to make connection between these different things would be
a good thing. Maybe we should add links to some of these things to the
code4lib website to make people more aware of them.

Karen

--
Karen A. Coombs
Head of Libraries' Web Services