For PHP, you might try:

PHP: http://www.teamphp.com/php-snipplets/

Refactor My Code is an especially interesting snippet library because
of its social aspect. Borrowing the description from Alf Eaton, (
http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/001616.html ) it more about "here's
some code that works, how I can I make it better?" rather than "here's
some broken code, how do I make it work?".

http://refactormycode.com/

Probably more like what you were asking for is DZone, which is an
active and busy snippet library with a voting function.

http://snippets.dzone.com/

It uses a tagging paradigm, so to find php snippets:

http://snippets.dzone.com/tag/php

Another general one is CodR.us:

http://codr.us/category/PHP/

The lisp pastbin is often used for posting code snippets to IRC
channels on Freenode. Don't be fooled by the name, it takes more than
lisp snippets.

http://paste.lisp.org/
http://paste.lisp.org/channels

The #code4lib channel uses this one:

http://paste.lisp.org/new/code4lib

If you're looking for a pastebin to test run a snippet, try:

http://codepad.org/

A couple of search engines (those I use) to find code bits:

http://www.koders.com/
http://www.krugle.org/
http://www.google.com/codesearch

Tom