On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 1:17 PM, K.G. Schneider <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If you think of Gartner (as I do) as a kind of IT-for-squares company...
>  useful information on some issues, hilariously tone-deaf on others (though
>  in a way that can be extremely useful if you're trying to decipher how the
>  "enterprise corporate brain" currently thinks)... their recent article,
>  "Open Source in Higher Education, 2008," is intriguing in its positive
>  analysis of open source.

...at the risk of upsetting *everybody*...

Last I checked, this list is about code for libraries, not free/open
source software for libraries.  If you want to discuss OSS for
libraries, you might want to move threads like this onto one of the
lists about OSS for libraries, or start your own new list about OSS
for libraries if there aren't already enough for you.  :)