On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 2:45 AM, D Chudnov <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  ...at the risk of upsetting *everybody*...

It's a bit depressive that once we get an interesting discussion going
on this list which normally has such low volume, and which is
*definitely* on-topic, someone comes along and tries to kill it
because it doesn't fit *their* ideal of what the topics should be.

Allow me to vent a few seconds; Sorry, but OSS is *all* about code and
often about business models, and rest assured Karen and all the rest
of us *definitely* are defining the "enterprise" in question as the
library world, so this is *all* about code for libraries. We aren't
writing code in the posts, but we certainly are talking about code.
Nitpicking about such *tiny* semantic differences is just one of those
things which drive me up the wall! Of *course* this  topic has a place
on this list, and of *course* we're not going to create Yet Another
MailingListForSomethingJustBecauseWeAreBloodyLibraries, and of
*course* we should talk about these things, and *especially* here
where coders talk about code. Code is more than syntax.

But I guess this thread is dead now, and so is at least *my* ideal of
what this list is, so take care.

Grumpy,

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps