What about something like the GeSHI filter module for Drupal?

http://drupal.org/project/geshifilter

http://www.code4lib.org/ is already running Drupal, so it'd be as
simple as installing the module (although I've never used it, so it
may not be what you're looking for).  This way we're not supporting
another application and gives a reason for going to code4lib.org
anyway.

-Ross.