On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  The general consensus (or maybe it was just my own conclusion) was that
>  there should be a two to three person team to begin with, that we
>  collectively authorize. (Not just one for sustainability if that one
>  leaves). Then that team can authorize other shell accounts, as per
>  however they decide to do it.  That team _might_, if there was a good
>  reason, get sudo wheel (Ryan Ordway confirms this is theoretically
>  possible if needed). Nobody else ever would get sudo wheel.
>
>  But nobody seemed to want to step up to be that 2 or 3 person team. So,
>  we're back to square one I guess?

Oops, sorry, I didn't know that any consensus had been reached.  I
remembered two or three people discussing it but no real groundswell
from the community that anything needed to be done.

Maybe we need a vote on something?

Kevin

--
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who believe there
are two kinds of people and those who know better.