You can, of course, mix the two approaches—get once browser-side, tell
your servers what it said and store that for a while. We do something
like that with Amazon covers. We don't store the covers, but we store
*whether* Amazon has the cover. That way, it can know whether to try
Amazon or not, and whether to fall back on another cover.

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding