Van: Code for Libraries namens Tim Spalding
Verzonden: za 15-3-2008 7:04
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: [CODE4LIB] Free covers from Google

(Apologies for cross-posting)

I just posted a simple way to get free book covers into your OPAC. It
uses the new Google Book Search API.

http://www.librarything.com/thingology/2008/03/free-covers-for-your-library-from.php

I think Google has as much cover coverage as anyone. The API is free.
Most libraries pay. I'm thinking this is a big deal?

We'll probably fancy it up a bit as an add-on to our LibraryThing for
Libraries service, but the core idea can be implemented by anyone.

I look forward to refinements.

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding