I'd like to say we should not get sidetracked by discussions of
"business models." I particularly object to the idea that LibraryThing
can't experiment in the way that OL can because we have to have a
business model.

I won't toot my own horn, but I think LibraryThing has experimented a
good deal—and we're a handful of people. We have the budget of a small
library in rural Maine. I suspect Open Library is costing about the
same.

None of this is about money. None of it. The people on this list could
revolutionize libraries on web for what Albanian-Americans spend on
tic-tacs.

As Emerson wrote "What are you waiting for? You're faster than this.
Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and
hit me."

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding