From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
K.G. Schneider
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] K&R (was: Gartner on OSS)

> I now open up the vi vs. emacs discussion:
>
>         http://xkcd.com/378/
>
> (personally, I'm a BBEdit user, but fall back to vi as needed ... and
ex
> for those rare times when you have to tip into a Solaris box to fix
the
> vfstab and your TERM is completely hosed)
>
> -Joe

Back when that was my choice, I used emacs exactly once, during which I
removed every instance of the letter "m" from a lengthy document. (When
I have to edit a file in my shell account, which is rare, I use pico...
yes, I know that makes me a sissy *and I don't care.*)

K.G. Schneider

Email Disclaimer: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/nav/misc/EmailDisclaimer.cfm