This is ironic given that their API is "standards based".

http://www.serialssolutions.com/ss_360_link_features.html

What, exactly, are vendors worried about when they hide their API behind an NDA?

Even more disturbing, why bother advertising your API at all if a
community can't be built to create innovative new ideas around it?

It's a wonder why libraries put up with any of this.

-Ross.