NYU is looking at e-publishing in general and how it ties in with
preservation requirements. Have any of you done any work with PDF/A
and generating access files from that format? We have a number of
books that will be converted to the pdf format. We're looking at PDF/
A for ingestion into our preservation repository(a DSpace instance)
and generating access files from it. How easy/difficult was it to
generate a workflow for working with PDFs, generating PDF/As, and
access files from PDF/As.

Thanks.

Esha

Esha Datta