The code4lib wiki is kind of a pain to use for this stuff, in part
because MediaWiki isn't really suited for it. (I still think DokuWiki
would work a lot better for Code4Lib in general.  Anyone interested in
volunteering to install/manage a dokuwiki install on code4lib.org?
Assuming OSU would be okay with that).

But I think what you've identified is theoretically an appropriate use
of Code4Lib community tools. I just worry that the tools we currently
have aren't appropriate for the use you want to put them to!

As far as your particular project (whose success I care about regardless
of if it's using code4lib tools or not), I also worry that even with
some communication and collaborative work taking place on the wiki,
without strong management/facillitation, it's just going to be chaos and
not result in anything useful.  So I don't know if this plan gets you
guys out of putting lots of time into it, if that's what you were hoping
it would. But that's your team's business. :)  Either way, yes, I think
it is appropriate to use Code4Lib community tools for that project. But
I'm not sure the tools we have available are appropriate for your project.

Jonathan

Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer
The Sheridan Libraries