Good point, agreed. But we've got what we've got, and what we've got can
work better if we don't rely on Ryan (who has another job) only to admin
it.  Even if we had an agreed moratorium on ever adding anything else, I
still think we need to deal with a way to get other code4lib volunteers
to have shell access. Examples are me doing the planet; Jon Brinley
doing our WordPress install for the Journal; _someone_ taking on Wiki
admin, which right now pretty much nobody is doing (which is maybe fine,
it's working, but wouldn't we better off if someone did?).

[ I will admit that I have a personal interest in _replacing_ the
MediaWiki install with a DokuWiki install. But it's not fair to ask Ryan
to do that. We used to have a 'trac' wiki on the old anvil code4lib, and
when I asked Ryan to restore that functionality, he installed MediaWiki.
Which is great, but I'd rather have dokuwiki. If I can convince someone
to set it up for us. :)  But I shouldn't have even brought this up,
because even with no change to our suite of installed apps at all ever,
I think we still need to deal with the shell access issue, right? When
we put code4lib hosted at OSU, a selling point for some of us would be
that shell access for volunteers was possible. I don't think it's fair
to expect Ryan to do app-level admin beyond the bare minimum perhaps.
But with more than the bare minimum, we can get better services! ]

Jonathan