On Apr 25, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Dr R. Sanderson wrote:

>>> The intention of the scheme is to motivate open access journals
>>> to deliver
>>> metadata to DOAJ. The DOAJ team will then convert the metadata into
>>> standardized XML-format and OAI-compliant format, which will further
>>> increase the visibility of articles and provide means for the
>>> easiest
>>> possible dissemination thus reaching more readers, attracting
>>> more authors,
>>> gaining more prestige and impact.
>
> OAI-compliant format? ORE? :)
>
> Or simple dublin core? :(

The last time I looked there were two flavors of OAI output from
DOAJ. The first was simple Dublin Core. The second was a DOAJ-
specific format used to describe their articles. It went beyond
Dublin Core to include things like pagination and issue numbers.

The last time I checked they were not supporting ORE.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame