Hi,

thanks to everybody who's replied with offers to provide ISBNs.

I need to clarify that I'm looking for a sample of ISBNs that is
representative of some larger population, such as "all books cataloged
by LoC", or "all books in library X's catalog", or "all books sold by
Amazon."

It could be, for instance, a simple random sample [1].

What will not work are ISBNs coming from a FRBR service, from a
specialized collections, or the "first n ISBNs" coming from a catalog
dump (unless that order in which the catalog database is dumped is
explicitly random).

 - Godmar

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_random_sample