From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Rochkind
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Serials Solutions 360 API - PHP classes?

I wouldn't be surprised either. But it's kind of important if they
actually want their APIs to be _used_ by anyone. Even if you can only
share with other SerSol customers. What's the point of having APIs if
the community can't share code they write to use them?

I am interested in incorporating SerSol 360 Link support into Umlaut,
although my institution is not a 360 Link customer. So I'm curious where
you end up with this, and if you can establish some allowed mechanism
for sharing SerSol API-client code, even if only with other SerSol
customers, that would be useful to all of us.  Only SerSol customers
have any _use_ for the code of course, but if a part of Umlaut has to be
downloaded seperately only after you've somehow established yourself as
a SerSol customer--that gets tricky to manage.

Jonathan

Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
> [...]
Solutions
>> 360 APIs, particularly Search?
>
> Okay, having not heard any affirmatives, I'm starting work on this.
I'm
> an OOP and PHP noob, so I'm donning my flak jacket/dunce cap in
advance,
> but I'll try to make this as useful to the community and comprehensive
> as time and my ability allow.  Assuming that Serials Solutions will
> allow some kind of sharing for these - they make clients sign a NDA
> before they show you the docs.  I'm waiting to hear their response; I
> would be surprised if they wouldn't allow sharing of something like
this
> among clients.
>
> --
> Yitzchak Schaffer