On 21 May 2008, Kevin S. Clarke wrote:

> I hope we don't do this.  I really like being able to read the post in
> my feed rather than having to click through to read it.

I read it at planet.code4lib.org, and depend on it (and
planetcataloguing.org) to bring together all that stuff without my having
to bother.  (I have two local planets to bring together all the other
stuff I follow, one for library/tech and one for personal stuff.  I like
never having to see that I have n hundred blog posts unread.)

It works fine as is for me.  I don't bring the feed into a reader, so I
like that the web site has the full contents of all posts. I'd rather
scroll than click.

If people post predominatly library geek stuff, some personal stuff is
fine.  If it's the other way around, use a per-category or per-tag feed,
and if that can't be done, drop them.  A changelog would be good to keep
track of deletes.  Could have a "Recently Removed" section maintained by
hand, too.  Heh.

Jonathan and Antonio:  I think asking in channel at a busy time and then
sending a note here if you remove someone would be fine.  We all maintain
our own aggregators.

Planet Code4Lib: Generous, but not exhaustive.

Bill
--
William Denton, Toronto : www.miskatonic.org www.frbr.org www.openfrbr.org