I'm puzzling through all of this too. Could it be the case that the
acquisition of the images would be problematic (the files are owned or
licensed by other companies) but that the use of the images is ok? That
would be a particularly annoying snarl: if you've got it, you can use
it, but you can't get it...

Ken