1. It is set up for including code samples in a way that MediaWiki is not.
2. It allows one wiki installation to include various sub-sections which
are kept seperarate, in seperate namespaces. We have several different
independent projects on our MediaWiki, but MediaWiki mixes them all
together.
3. In general, it was written for documentation and code content, rather
than for encyclopedia content.  Code4Lib needs tilt more toward the former.

Jonathan