Hi, Karen.

If I were viewing an OpenLibrary book webpage in my browser, and
wanted to download the source MARC record, I'd want a direct link to
the raw MARC (i.e. exactly the same results I would get by following
the curl instructions in your link below).  So the OpenLibrary site
would simply need a script to run the curl request and output to my
browser.

The case of multiple source records may be a bit trickier, since the
relevant records probably aren't adjacent in those massive .dat files
at archive.org.  So the OpenLibrary script would need to make separate
curl requests, and join them together with the MARC record terminator
character (hex 1D), before sending them back to my browser.

(Of course, others might prefer MARCXML records, but that should be
easy to add once the above is already in place.)

Keith