Macalester College is seeking a creative, energetic, and outgoing librarian
who embraces disruptive as well as innovative technologies and is looking
for an opportunity to acquire experience in a liberal arts college library.
We are looking for someone with technical skills in web development and
technical support.  As we transition to more digital content in far too many
silos, we are looking for an individual who has both the technical skills to
help us design the optimum gateway, as well as work with our team members
who handle  disparate systems including ContentDm, DigitalCommons, Moodle,
SFX, MetaLib, and LibData.  Macalester is also in the process of
implementing WorldCat Local.   If you have skills and experience with web
design  as well as technical  expertise with any combination of the
following: PHP, Javascript, CSS, XML, Dreamweaver, PERL, Flash, RSS, and
blogs, please keep reading.  Experience digitizing media and working with
podcasts is highly desirable.  We are offering an opportunity to not only
engage in technical support, but also to gain experience in other areas of
the library.  Depending on interests and qualifications, we seek individuals
who enjoy teaching and providing reference service.  If you prefer more
individual assignments, we can provide cataloging opportunities.  If you are
interested in working in a team environment, like a fast paced work
environment that is results oriented, like working with individuals who
embrace change, who know how to have fun and celebrate our individual as
well as library wide accomplishments, please review our requirements and if
you have the skills, we would like to hear from you.  We offer excellent
professional development opportunities, including funding for professional
travel and development.  Our position is currently funded as a one year
temporary position.

Complete job description with qualifications and responsibilities will be
found at

http://www.macalester.edu/hr/jobs.html

The position will remain open until filled,  but applicantions received by *
6/30/08* will be assured consideration. Applicants must be authorized to
work in the US upon employment start date.

*AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE WORK FORCE*

--
Teresa A. Fishel
Library Director