On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Tim Spalding <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 0.2% full text? Yowch!
>
>  Do academic libraries with full-text versions of the book on their
>  shelves really want to point people to no-preview pages on Google.

In the example I show on the slides to which I pointed, the link to
Google is displayed only for books for which partial previews exist.
For this, the use case is clear - users can browse at least some pages
of the book before deciding to head to the library to check the book
out.

>  Doing LCCNs and OCLC numbers for older books is a must.

Yes, I'll repeat the experiments for LCCNs and OCLC numbers if I have
time. In the LoC dataset, only about 3.2 of about 7.5 million records
had ISBNs.

 - Godmar