Slide 4 in that PowerPoint mentions something about a "small set of
Google Book Search information", but is also says that the items are
indexed by ISBN, OCLC#, and LCCN.  And yet, during the admittedly brief
time that I tried out this really nice demo, I was unable to find any
links to books that were available in "full view", which made me wonder
if any of the search results were searching GBS with their respective
OCLC #s (and not just ISBNs, if available).

For example, if I use the demo site that's provided and search for "mark
twain" and limit my results to publication dates of, say, 1860-1910, I
don't receive a single GBS link.  So I checked to see if "Eve's Diary"
was in GBS and, of course, it was... and then I made sure that the copy
I found in the demo had the same OCLC# as the one in GBS; and it was.
So, is this a feature that will be added later, or is it just that the
entire set of bib records available at the demo site are not included in
the GBS aspect of the demo?

Secondly, I have another question which I hope that someone can clear up
for me.  Again, I'll use this copy of "Eve's Diary" as an example, which
has an  OCLC number of 01052228.  Now, if you search worldcat.org (using
the advance search, basic search, of even adding things like "oclc:"
before the number), the only way that I can access this item is to
search for "1052228" (removing the leading zero).  And this is exactly
how the OCLC number displays in the metadata record, directly below the
field that states that there are 18 editions of this work.

All of that said, I can still access the book with either of these URLs:

http://worldcat.org/wcpa/oclc/1052228
http://worldcat.org/wcpa/oclc/01052228

Now, I could've sworn that GBS followed a similar route, and so, I
previously searched it for OCLC numbers by removing any leading zeroes.
As of at least today, though, the only way for me to access this book
via GBS is to use the OCLC number as it appears in the MARC record...
that is, by searching for "oclc01052228".

Has anyone else noticed this change in GBS (though it's quite possible
that I'm simply mistaken)?  And could anyone inform me about the
technical details of any of these issues?  I mean, I get that worldcat
has to also deal with ISSNs, but is there a way to use the search box to
explicitly declare what type of number the query is... and why would the
value need to have the any leading 0's removed in the metadata display
(especially since the URL method can access either)?

Mark Custer