The Blacklight code is not currently using XML or XSLT. It's indexing
binary MARC files. I don't know it's speed, but I hear it's pretty fast.

But for the kind of test set I want, even waiting half an hour is too
long. I want a test set where I can make a change to my indexing
configuration and then see the results in a few minutes, if not seconds.

This has become apparent in my attempts to get the indexer _working_,
where I might not be actually changing the index mapping at all, I'm
just changing the indexer configuration until I know it's working. When
I get to actually messing with indexer mapping to try out new ideas, I
believe it will also be important, however.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer