Interesting thread topic. There's a donationware application for Macs called Fennel DVDManager (http://dvdmanager.free.fr/) that will download cover artwork from IMDB and Amazon. Wonder if they're doing it legally?

- Gavin

>>> "James M. Gilbert" <[log in to unmask]> 05/19/08 11:53 AM >>>
Hi Ken,

Sorry to say it looks like no harvesting by the minion :-(

((From IMDB FAQ))

http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?usephotos

I want to use your photos/trailers on my site/show/magazine. Can you give me
permission?

All pictures and videos found on our site (including movie stills,
headshots, photo galleries and trailers) are licensed to IMDb only and we
are not permitted to sublicense them onwards or grant permission for other
to use them, sorry. We are also unable to help with licensing questions that
do not specifically involve the Internet Movie Database.

For photos in "Studio Stills" galleries, please contact the appropriate
studio or production company. For photos in "Famous Frames," "WireImage" or
"MPTv.net" galleries, the providing agency is usually linked below the
photo. If the link is there, clicking their name will direct you to a page
with more information on the company to license the photo

James M. Gilbert
Systems Librarian
Whitehall Township Public Library
3700 Mechanicsville Road