On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> Has anyone succesfully installed the cpan module CAPTCHA::Recaptcha for using
> the Recaptcha service from Perl?
>
> It seems to list as a dependency a module that no longer exists? Or else
> that's the only reason I can figure out that no matter what cpan module I
> choose, it complains:
>
> Could not fetch authors/id/T/TJ/TJMATHER/XML-DOM-1.43.tar.gz
> Giving up on...
>
> And then fails. Anyone managed to do this, or have any other advice for using
> Recaptcha from perl?

It looks like the current version of XML::DOM in CPAN is 1.44.  You can
try forcing it to download a different version with the following from the
cpan prompt:

 	get TJMATHER/XML-DOM-1.43.tar

(make / test / install should all work, using the longer name)

Otherwise, I'd try updating your CPAN mirror, and see if it's just that
you're using one that isn't being maintained.

... if that still fails, try posting to perlmonks:

 	http://perlmonks.org/

-Joe