What is the "best" way to do Perl-based XML validation?

I have a program that will be ingesting XML files from an HTML form.
As I receive the files I want to make sure they validate against the
EAD DTD. I am writing my system with Perl and I like the XML::LibXML
module and friends. Am I missing something? Does the XML::LibXML not
support XML validation directly? I found a module called
XML::Validate::LibXML that seems to do the job if the DTD is
specified in the XML, but I thought I would check with the group to
make sure I am not missing something.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame